Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am a Wikier...Wikiest...Wikifier? Reflection #22


I have created a wiki and I don't know what to call my self. My wiki is at https://bloggenstein.wikispaces.com/Math+and+Bloggenstein. I was fun and easy. I did find it weird to edit some one's page without their permission. All I did was add a link to the Math Forum, but I feel like I intruded a bit. I think wikis can be fun and productive in so many different ways. I am curious to see if my wiki gets added to and how it will make me feel. Will the person who edits it be helpful and try to improve my site or a prankster like I have heard occurs at Wikipedia? I do not know if a wiki, a blog or a web page would be the best way to post classroom information on line. Any or all of them could be effective. I guess you could use a combination of the three, it all depends on what your plans are.




The difference I see between a blog and a wiki is the intent of its use. A blog is used to share or relate thoughts and information. A wiki is used to build information and create a shared document. I can see the two of them being used together as a strong classroom tool, especially if collaborative projects are to be done. A wiki is used to build the project so there is just one working model, while a blog would be the discussion of the plans and the project should come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment