Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Work together while being apart or Reflection #16


I learned about Google Docs last year while in a football pool. I using my dad's computer because mine was in for repair. He did not have Microsoft Office so I could not open the spread sheet he was sending out with updates. I used Google Docs to open the spreadsheet so I could read it. Google Docs can be used to open and read documents, spreadsheets, and other files created by different applications. All I had to do was save the new updates to my computer and then use Google Docs to open it, it was easy and it worked well for the situation I was in. I had forgotten about it until I opened my Google Doc account and I saw the spreadsheets there. As I am doing this at home I wonder if we have access at school, I ask this because some sites and applications are blocked. I can see this as a powerful tool if yoou are working on group projects. It allows everyone to work on the project from where ever they are with out having many different copies floating around. You can track who made what updates, this would allow a teacher to see who did what on any given project.

1 comment:

  1. This ability to share documents comes in handy for collaborative projects. I wonder if secondary students are doing this already.

    ReplyDelete